Ordinary people changing the world one life at a time.
priorities, purpose and values
To experience God's Presence in all areas of our lives
To walk in the Power and authority that Jesus gives us
To become a people of Prayer
To Proclaim the Kingdom of God to our neighbors and around the world
We strive to be an authentic, ever growing, diverse family rooted in the word of God and continually being transformed through the power and the presence of the Holy Spirit to be more like Jesus. We desire to build an environment where people are encouraged to discover, grow and walk in their gifts while sharing the Good News of the Kingdom of God through word and deed, beginning in our community and continuing to the ends of the earth.
We adhere to the Vineyard USA's Statement of Faith as well as:
- The theological foundation for all the we believe and do is the Kingdom of God. Jesus proclaimed, explained and demonstrated the Kingdom throughout his life and ministry. We define the Kingdom simply as the rule and reign of God and believe that Jesus is the rightful King of every person. The Kingdom of God defines and drives who we are and all we do.
- We believe the Word of God is our absolute authority and the only infallible rule for faith and practice in the Christian life. We look to the Bible to guide us into knowing Christ and to give us wisdom for his Kingdom way of life.
- We also believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ. He is our abiding helper, empowering us to bring the reality of the Kingdom of God wherever we go. He gives us gifts to bless and serve the church and to reach out to the world with his message of life. Our goal is to be led by him in all we do.
- Jesus said in John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing." Because of this, we value being in the Presence of and experiencing Intimacy with the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. God is not some distant being up in the sky that checks in with us when he feels like it. He is ever-present and we want to be with him and do what he is doing. We desire to remain in him and allow him to remain in us.
- We're called to be a Kingdom Community, where Relationships grow and flourish. Christianity is not a spectator sport, but a place where we do life together. Inasmuch, we encourage Hospitality towards our visitors, our community at-large and our church family.
- Since relationships are so important, we also value Authenticity. This fellowship should be a place where we are comfortable being ourselves, being real, and where ministry is done without hype and without manipulation. We gain nothing from a religious facade, and our hope is that all members of this body are able to participate in genuine, loving relationships and ministry that honors and glorifies God.
- Jesus not only proclaimed the Kingdom of God, but he demonstrated it through Healing. We believe that God still heals today and it is his desire to make people whole and to bring restoration to their lives.
- We believe that God has poured his Spirit out on all believers and has generously showered his Church with diverse gifts (Joel 2:28-29). Doing ministry is for the whole church, not just the paid professional; therefore, we believe that "Everyone gets to play." to accomplish this, we value equipping people and releasing them into their God-given callings. We also hope to be a place where creativity flows and where we are not afraid of failure.
- Jesus' final command to us was to "Go and make disciples (Matt 28:19)." We value being Missional, or outwardly focused, bringing the Good News of the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.